SOIS - How to Access Student Webspace
This article details how to access the School of Information Studies webspace. If the student is not enrolled in Information Studies courses that require a webspace, then access will be denied.
Register for a SOIS webspace account
Note: if you already have registered for a SOIS webspace account, then ignore this message.
- Click on this link to register for SOIS webspace account SOIS register Webspace Link
- Once on the registration page, sign in using your epanther credentials.
- Your webspace should now be live. Follow the next section " Methods of accessing SOIS webspace" in order to access the webspace that is now live.
Methods of accessing SOIS webspace
Two Methods of accessing SOIS webspace
- Click on this link Cpanel link
- Login with your UWM ePantherID and password that you set. Please note that the password that you set when you register for the webspace is different than your UWM ePanther password.
- Click on the link: Filezilla link
- Choose between 34/64bit and your current device
- If you don't know if your current device is 32/64 bit, then search on windows search and type in "System Information" and look for "System Type:" it will state whether your system is 32 or 64 bit
- Login with your UWM ePantherID and the password that you set. You can use any FTP client of your choice. Please note that the password that you set when you register for the webspace is different than your UWM ePanther password.
Cpanel Method of accessing webspace
NOTE: IF you have issues with Cpanel, there is a forgotten password tool present through a online self service form. (https://uwmsois.com/passwordreset/), or contact SOIS Tech (email@example.com).
Filezilla (FTP or File Transfer Protoccol) Method of accessing sois webspace
NOTE: This software is not guaranteed or supported by SOIS Tech or UWM. Please understand that with any software download there is risk of installing malicious software as well. For virus removal options please see the UWM Tech Repair site.