Office 365 (Apple iCal/Calendar) - Invite an Attendee
This document explains how to create a new calendar in Apple iCal (Mac OS 10.5-7) or Calendar (Mac OS 10.8-9).
Invite an Attendee
In iCal/Calendar, double-click the event to which you want to invite people and the Info window will open (or from the menubar select Edit -> Edit Event or Get Info). There are several ways you can invite someone to the event. These steps are also available when you first create an event.
- Type email address and/or name
- Click Add Invitees and type the email address for the person you want to invite.
- If you’re inviting someone whose contact information is stored in Address Book or WiscCal, start typing the person’s name. iCal/Calendar provides a list of contacts.
- Select the contact you want, and then press Return to select it.
- Use Address Panel
- Choose Window -> Address Panel to open the Address panel.
- Select one or more contacts in the Address panel, and then drag them over the open event editor.
- To invite more than one person, press Return (or type a comma) after each email address, and then follow either of the two steps above.
- To remove a person from the invitees list, click the arrow next to the email address and choose Remove Invitee, or select the email address and press the Delete key.
- When you’re ready to invite these guests to your event, click the Send button at the bottom of the event editor.