Respondus 4 - Manually Import Respondus 4 files into Canvas
This article explains how to manually import Respondus 4 files into Canvas.
Part 1: Open Respondus 4
- Go to Respondus. Change the "Current Personality:" to "IMS QTI".
- Open the Respondus file and accept any prompts to convert the file.
- Go to Preview & Publish. Select "Save QTI XML File".
- Save the file with the File Format option "QTI XML zip file using IMS Content Packaging".
Part 2: Login to Canvas
- Login to Canvas on a desktop browser.
- In the designated course, go to "Settings".
- Select "Import Course Content".
- In the "Content Type" drop-down box, select "QTI .zip file".
- Select the designated QTI file from the file browser.
- In the "Default Question Bank" drop-down box, select a question bank previously created or create a new bank.
- Note: If you select "Import assessment content as New Quizzes" CETL currently offers limited support for the new quizzing tool. New Quizzes should only be used when absolutely necessary.
- Select the yellow "Import" button to finish.