Duo - Manual Enrollment Guide
This article will cover the process of manually enrolling an iOS or Android mobile device for your account in Duo, UWM's multi-factor authentication solution. Multi-factor authentication adds a second layer of security to your online accounts. Verifying your identity using a second factor (like your phone or other mobile device) prevents anyone but you from logging in, even if they know your password.
Enrolling an iOS or Android device in Duo
Click the email in the link on a computer (it will not work properly on a phone or tablet) to enroll a device.
2. Click Start setup to begin the account setup process:
3. Select your device type option from the menu, which will allow you to configure an iOS or Android tablet or smartphone with Duo. Then, click Continue:
4. Select the type of device, either iOS or Android, that you would like to configure and click Continue:
5. Follow the platform-specific instructions (iOS or Android) to install the Duo Mobile app on your device. During the setup of Duo Mobile, please make sure to Allow Notifications and Allow Access to Your Camera if prompted. If notifications are turned off for Duo Mobile you will not receive notifications when trying to login. After installing the app, click I have Duo Mobile installed:
6. On your iOS or Android device, scan the barcode with the app's built-in scanner and then follow the platform-specific instructions for your device. Once you scan the barcode successfully, click the Continue button:
7. We recommend enabling automatic push requests, which will automatically send an authentication request via push notification to the Duo Mobile app on your device. Change the the When I log in: option in the drop-down menu from Ask me to choose an authentication method to Automatically send this device a Duo Push and click Save and then click Finish Enrollment:
8. Congratulations! Your device is now ready to approve Duo authentication requests.