Duo - Add U2F Token as a Secondary Device
This article will walk the user through how to add a U2F token as a secondary device to authenticate with Duo. This article assumes you already have at least one device enrolled. If you do not have a device enrolled in Duo yet, please follow the set of instructions provided in the Duo Enrollment Guide KB instead.
- You must be authenticating into a web-based application, such as 1Login services (i.e. U2F Token will not work when logging into the desktop client of Cherwell Service Management).
- You must be using Google Chrome 41+ or Opera 40+.
- You must have an available USB port to plug the U2F token into the computer.
- Open a private/incognito browser tab in a compatible browser (Google Chrome 41+ or Opera 40+).
- Copy and paste this link into the URL:
- Log into 1Login using your UWM ePanther credentials and password. This will take you to Duo's Self-Service Menu.
- Click Add a new device in the left-side menu.
- Before you can add a new device, you must authenticate with one of your already-set authenticated devices to verify your identity.
- After you complete authentication, you will be asked what type of device you would like to add. Select U2F. Click Continue.
- You will be taken to the "Enroll U2F Token" window. Click Continue. This will open a pop-up window.
- When the pop-up window opens, insert your U2F Token into the computer's USB port.
**NOTE: If this is the first time a U2F Token has been connected to the computer, the computer needs to install the drivers before it can be used. This should be done automatically upon inserting the U2F Token into the USB port. After the driver installation has completed, click Close and then click Continue in the Enroll U2F Token window to re-open the pop-up window.
- You should now see the U2F Token button flashing. Press the button while it is flashing (if the button stops flashing before you press it, close and re-open the pop-up window).
- The U2F Token enrollment is now complete.
- You can now authenticate with the U2F Token by pressing the flashing button at the Duo Self-Service Menu (pictured below). REMINDER: the U2F Token will only work in compatible browsers!