Changing your Search Preferences in JSS
This KB will walk a helpdesk technician on changing their search preferences so that they do not need the entire serial number and look up Mac devices easily.
Make sure to navigate to https://jss.uwm.edu:8443 and log into JSS with your normal ePanther ID and password before continuing.
1. Once logged in, click on the drop-down arrow by your name
2. Click and choose Account Preferences
3. Click on the Search Preferences tab
4. When you click on the Search Preferences tab, there should be 3 other sub tabs named: Computers, Mobile Devices, and Users
5. By Default, the preferences are probably set to Exact Match
6. Click on the box for each category and change the setting. You can choose between Starts With and Contains.
7. Before hitting the Save button, make sure to change the settings in Mobile Devices and Users
8. Then click Save
Now you can search for Mac devices without needing the exact serial number of the Mac device.