GlobalProtect VPN for macOS - Self Service Setup Instructions
Following are instructions for installing the Palo Alto Global Protect VPN on a university-owned Mac using Self Service. These instructions will not work for a personally owned device.
Please be advised that GlobalProtect VPN is not currently architected or formally supported as an Enterprise service at UWM.
- Navigate to the Applications folder and launch Self Service
- Run the L&S-Global Protect VPN (UWM) installation policy by clicking the Install button
- macOS will prompt to allow the third party kernel extension associated with the software. Click the Open Security Preferences button
- Click Allow
- It may be necessary to restart your computer before you are able to click the Allow button. Following a restart, launch System Preferences, open the Security & Privacy pane and click Allow.
- Launch GlobalProtect from your Applications folder
- Click the Globe icon in the toolbar and sign in using your ePantherID and password
- You should now be connected to the GlobalProtect VPN