Canvas for Instructors - Basics Workshop
This article is for instructors who participated in a Canvas: Basics workshop offered by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning. The following links provide step-by-step instructions for the hands-on portion of the workshop.
Logging Into Canvas
- Canvas login page
- Use ePanther username and password
- How do I add a module?
- How do I add assignment types, pages, and files as module items?
- How do I edit module items?
- How do I add an external URL as a module item?
- How do I add a text header as a module item?
- How do I view a course using a test student?
- How do I add an announcement in a course?
- How do I allow students to like replies in a course announcement?
- How do I add an assignment group in a course?
- How do I weight the final course grade based on assignment groups?
Publish a Course
Moving Content from D2L to Canvas
- How do I export a course from D2L?
- How do I import content from Desire2Learn (D2L) into Canvas?
- How do I copy content from another Canvas course?
Instructors are welcome to contact the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning for additional support. This article was developed using the Canvas Guides provided by Canvas.