Duo - Enrollment Guide
This article will cover the process of setting up your ePanther account in Duo, UWM's multi-factor authentication solution. multi-factor authentication adds a second layer of security to your online accounts. Verifying your identity using a second factor (like your phone or other mobile device) prevents anyone but you from logging in, even if they know your password.
Click the email in the link on a computer (it will not work properly on a phone or tablet) to enroll a device.
2. Click Start setup to begin the account setup process:
3. Select your device type option from the menu, which will allow you to configure an iOS or Android tablet or smartphone with Duo. Then, click Continue:
4. Select the type of device, either iOS or Android, that you would like to configure and click Continue:
5. Follow the platform-specific instructions (iOS or Android) to install the Duo Mobile app on your device. During the setup of Duo Mobile, please make sure to Allow Notifications and Allow Access to Your Camera if prompted. If notifications are turned off for Duo Mobile you will not receive notifications when trying to login. After installing the app, click I have Duo Mobile installed:
6. On your iOS or Android device, scan the barcode with the app's built-in scanner and then follow the platform-specific instructions for your device. Once you scan the barcode successfully, click the Continue button:
7. We recommend enabling automatic push requests, which will automatically send an authentication request via push notification to the Duo Mobile app on your device. Change the the When I log in: option in the drop-down menu from Ask me to choose an authentication method to Automatically send this device a Duo Push and click Save and then click Finish Enrollment:
8. Congratulations! Your device is now ready to approve Duo authentication requests.
If you do not have an iOS or Android device to use as a multi-factor authentication device, you can obtain a Duo Hardware Token from the UWM TechStore, located inside the UWM Panther Shop on the First Floor East of the UWM Student Union. After obtaining the Hardware Token, you can proceed with completing the Duo Hardware Token Registration form. Once the form is submitted, Identity and Access Management or Help Desk staff will contact you with more information.
If you were given a Hardware Token directly by UWM Identity and Access Management staff, you can proceed with completing the Duo Hardware Token Registration form.
If you need assistance with a Duo Hardware Token or need to replace your device, or have any questions about this process, please contact the UWM Help Desk at (414) 229-4040, toll free at (877) 381-3459, visit Bolton Hall 225, or submit a request online at gettechhelp.uwm.edu.