Administrative credentials assessment
This document serves as a guide for what kinds of questions will be asked for the -a examination in the HD. These questions are centered around the privileges assigned by the following URs: SA-UR-SAITS-ST-AD-Admin, SA-UR-SAITS-ST-SCCM-Admin. Access to other URs under SAITS Student Staff is granted for exemplary performance at a later date.
Concepts you will be tested on (current as of April 2018):
- Software deployment. Know this whole process from start to finish--you will be asked to deploy a piece of software to one of our training computers and install it.
- AD architecture. What is the difference between security groups and workstation OUs? Why are things broken up in the way they are?
- AD navigation. How do you search for a computer? A user? What kinds of information can you get from looking at a computer object? A security group?
- Ufiles and Asset Database. What are these things? How do we access them? When would we use the Asset Database?
- What you can and can't do with your -a. You will be presented with several made up situations that you could potentially use your -a to resolve. Ensure that you understand when you should NOT use your -a.
This exam would typically last an hour. It is your responsibility to identify who administers this test and set up a time with that person via an Outlook appointment.