First Tech Event Computer Set-Up
This document describes the computer configuration necessary for an event that occurs and is organized by Reservation and Event Planning Services (REPS).
This document is intended for anyone who receives a request from Reservation and Event Planning Services in regards to the First Tech Event.
Credentials to administer GPO
Computers that are going to be used at the event
Network connectivity to update GPO once enabled
1. Make sure the computers that are needed for the event are in the following OU: ad.uwm.edu/SA/Workstations/Units/StudentUnion/StudentUnionStaff/SpecialEvents
2. Apply the policy called SA-TechFirst (will need GPO permissions)
3. Update the policy on the machines.
3. Verify First-Tech local user can login
4. Check the following registry value
REG_DWORD is changed to 0
5. Once confirmed returned to client for use.
6. When event is over we will need the computers and we will need to disable the policy.