Office 365 (Skype for Business) - Desktop Client Setup and Configuration (macOS)
The Skype for Business desktop client is available to those who prefer a richer communication experience. The desktop client offers more features than the Skype for Business web client. All UWM faculty, staff and students are able to download the Skype for Business client from the Office 365 Software portal.
Downloading the Skype for Business Client
1. Navigate to the Office 365 Portal and log in.
2. On the homepage, click on the Install Office apps button, then select Other install options from the drop down menu.
3. On the left side of the page, select 'Skype for Business'.
4. Click the 'Install' button. A file will be put in the downloads folder. Open the file and complete the installation steps.
Configuring Your Skype for Business Desktop Client
1. From your computer, start up the Skype for Business application.
2. Enter your UWM email address and password and then hit Sign In.
3. After signing in, you will reach the main Skype for Business screen, where you can initiate video calls and instant messages. You only have to initiate the login process once. Skype for Business will automatically login when you reboot your computer.