macOS: How to Mount Campus File Shares
This document will give an overview on how to connect to and mount Ufiles and scan shared drives on a mac.
This document is intended for SAITS Helpdesk staff attempting to mount a shared drive (Ufiles or Scan Share) on a Mac Desktop.
- The user must be working on a JSS Managed device.
- The user must have access to the correct share though Active Directory.
- Note: There are two policies available, Access UWM File Shares & Access SA-FS1 Shares. The first is available to all Mac's in Student Affairs, while the second policy is only available to computers in the Housing OU in Active Directory.
- Open the Self Service application on the Mac computer.
- Then go to the "System Configurations" tab.
- Once there, you will see the Access UWM File Shares or Access SA-FS1 Shares policies.
- Run the appropriate policy to the share.