SAITS: How To - Set up Remote Desktop Services for macOS
This document will walk-through the configuration of Remote Desktop Services in Microsoft Remote Desktop For Mac. The purpose of this set-up is to use Windows applications on a UWM managed Mac.
To use and access RDS from your Mac, the following must be established prior to use:
- You must be using a UWM SAITS managed macOS device.
- Microsoft's 'Remote Desktop' application, which should already be installed on the Mac.
- Access to the Windows software you wish to use is granted by SAITS.
- For Access: Please submit the request to SAITS for the Windows software, along with a business reason for the request.
How-To Configure RDS:
- Open the Microsoft Remote Desktop application on your Mac. (Finder > Applications) You will be presented with the window shown below:
- Click on the "Remote Resources" Button at the top of the window. This will open the authentication window shown below:
- Fill out the fields as referenced below:
- URL: https://sa-rdweb1.ad.uwm.edu/RDWeb/Feed/webfeed.aspx
- User name: <PantherID>
- Password: <PantherID password>
- Click the Refresh button
- Click the red button to close the authentication window. You should now see a Remote Resources dropdown with all Windows applications you have access to.
- If you do not see the expected Windows application(s), please contact SAITS
- To use a Windows application, select it and click Start. (Or double click on it.)
- Note: The first launch of a Windows application will take a minute or two to appear.