SAITS: How To - Set up Remote Desktop Services for macOS
This document will walk-through the configuration of Remote Desktop Services in Microsoft Remote Desktop For Mac. The purpose of this set-up is to use Windows applications on a UWM managed Mac.
To use and access RDS from your Mac, the following must be established prior to use:
- You must be using a UWM SAITS managed macOS device.
- Microsoft's 'Remote Desktop' application, which should already be installed on the Mac.
- Access to the Windows software you wish to use is granted by SAITS.
- For Access: Please submit a request to SAITS for the Windows software, along with a business reason for the request.
How-To Configure RDS:
- Open the Microsoft Remote Desktop application on your Mac. (Finder > Applications) You will be presented with the window shown below:
- Click on the "+" Button at the top of the window, then select "Remote Resources" from the drop down.
- Fill out the URL field as referenced below, then click "Find Feed":
- URL: https://sa-rdweb1.ad.uwm.edu/RDWeb/Feed/webfeed.aspx
- Once you click that, a new field will appear, which will request a User Account. From the drop down, select "Add User Account..."
- Once you select that, a new window will appear asking for authentication information. Please enter the information as follows:
- User name: <Your ePanther>
- NOTE: This is the same as you email, but without @uwm.edu
- Password: <Your ePanther Password>
- Friendly Name: <Your ePanther>
- Once you have entered the information, click "Save." Then select ok once returned to the prior screen.
- If you now navigate to the Apps Tab on the main page, your RDS applications should be available to you.
- If you do not see the expected Windows application(s), please contact SAITS
- To use a Windows application, select it and click Start. (Or double click on it.)
- Note: The first launch of a Windows application will take a minute or two to appear.