Blackboard Collaborate Ultra - Getting Started for Instructors
Browse to find specific documents to help you out with everything from a product overview to step-by-step getting started instructions.
About Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra is a real-time video conferencing tool. Collaborate Ultra is a re-implementation of the Java-based Collaborate "Classic". Instructors and students meet in an online space using features such as video and/or audio chat, whiteboard, slideshow, and screen sharing. Blackboard Collaborate is accessible from a desktop, laptop, iOS/Android phones and tablets.
- Overview of Blackboard Collaborate Ultra (provided by Blackboard)
Below are resources for instructors to learn more about Collaborate Ultra, and to see if Ultra is right for you.
- Want to know whether to use Blackboard Collaborate Classic or Blackboard Collaborate Ultra? D2L - Which Should I Use? Blackboard Collaborate or Collaborate Ultra?
- How to create and edit Ultra sessions in course.
- Getting started with Ultra (Get familiar with layout and features, Use Audio/Video, Telephony, Profile Pic).
- Get to know the Tools (Media Space Tools, Session Menu Tools, Collaborate Panel Tools, Content Editing Tools, and Network Indicators)
- Learn more about Ultra and accessibility (including Live Closed Captioning).
- How to manage participants (including role permissions and session attendance report)
- Some Best Practices for using Ultra.
- How to access Ultra in via My UW System
- Web Browsers that support Ultra. (Chrome works best)
- Getting Started with Ultra (Audio/video set up, Profile pictures, Finding your way around, and Ultra tools and features).
- Session best practices.
- Troubleshooting tips