Harvest - Bootcamp
Overview of Orchard Harvest, a lab information system software used in the NHC medical laboratory.
Orchard Harvest LIS is the piece of software the lab in the Norris Health Center uses to conduct its day-to-day operations and testing. It is a Laboratory Information System, and it provides the lab with the tools needed to help maintain a highly efficient and productive laboratory. Not only does it allow for order entry and reimbursement screening, but it has a list of other features as well. Orders get placed in Harvest LIS and when the tests are completed, the results are sent right to the system to allow for seamless integration. Harvest LIS also allows for powerful interfacing options, using HL7, that allows the software to connect with other software (such as an EHR) to transfer data between the two.
Server: sa-harvestp1.ad.uwm.edu (primary server), sa-harvint1.ad.uwm.edu (interface server), sa-harvestt1.ad.uwm.edu (test server)
Client: installed manually by Enterprise staff (located at \\ufiles\UWM\SA\Software\Orchard Harvest)
There are connections between Orchard Harvest and Medicat, and Orchard Harvest and Columbia Saint Mary's.
- Basic troubleshooting (making sure credentials are right, that the client is installed, etc)
- Routing tickets to Enterprise
- User Management
- Server Updates (communication and coordination)
- Server Backups (daily)
- Maintain Medicat and CSM connectivity with interface server
- Install new software versions
- Maintain all local interfaces and specialty printers (Zebra, label)
- Through the interface server, Harvest can send data to Medicat and Columbia St Mary's for doctor and lab technician use
- Develop software
- Install server software on new servers
- Norris Health Center (coordinating lab activities and results, forwards data to doctors/nurses for treatment)
- Read each of the documents in the Orchard Harvest Sharepoint directory
- Have a "-a" admin account in AD
- Be able to remote into both the main server and the interface server
- Harvest Online Tutorials (requires login) http://www.orchardsoft.com/online-tutorials/
- Harvest Tutorial Videos (requires login) https://orc.orchardsoft.com/display/web/Online+Tutorials