D2L Course Management - Export a Course from D2L
Learn how to export a D2L course as a zip file.
Instructors may download a zip file that contains the various parts of their D2L course, such as content, files, quiz and survey questions, discussions and more. The resulting zip file is suitable for course archiving, re-import into D2L or another learning management system, or copying for someone elses use.
No student information
By design, the zip file will only export course materials, information and resources.
How to export
Note: if you experience problems exporting, it is best to avoid performing these instruction on a wireless connection.
- Login to D2L and enter the course you wish to export from your My Courses list.
- Click the Edit Course link.
- Click the Import / Export / Copy Components link. You may see this listed under the Site Resources heading.
- Click Export Components.
- Check "Include course files in the export package".
- Click the Start button at the bottom of the page.
- Choose the parts of your course you wish to export.
- You can export the entire course by clicking Select All Components.
- Alternatively, export individual parts of a course by clicking the checkbox next to the appropriate area (referred to as a component).
Note: individual pieces of a component can also be chosen by clicking "Select individual items to export". You will be prompted to choose items to export on the next page.
- Click the Continue button at the bottom of the page.
- At the bottom of the page, click "Include course files in the export package".
- Click the Continue button to begin the export.
- The Export Summary will appear.
- While D2L is working, spinning wheels will appear next to each component of your course.
- When the packaging is complete, green checkmarks will appear before each component.
In most circumstances, you will be prompted to choose a place to save the file.
Troubleshooting the Export
- Avoid saving your export over a wireless connection, or a slower internet connection.
- A campus network connection is recommended.
- If the export times out, try exporting individual components or items in components.