D2L - Using the Binder Mobile App
Binder is a free mobile app for use with D2L. For information, visit the Brightspace Binder site.
The Desire2Learn Binder is a document reader that allows students to access D2L (Desire2Learn) course content directly from a mobile device.
- Create a Desire2Learn EduDentity Account. This account is different than your UWM ePantherID. To create your EduDentity account, visit the Brightspace Create Account site and click the Create Account button.
- Check the email account you provided. You should receive an email from EduDentity asking you to activate your account.
- Using your devices app store find and install Binder.
- Once installed, launch the Binder app on your device. You'll be asked to log in with your EduDentity username/password. Remember, this isn't your UWM ePantherID or password.
Add Course Content to Binder
- Open the course containing content to be pushed to Binder and select "content."
- Locate the files within content, click on the arrow to the right of its name, and select "Send to Binder"
- You will now be prompted to log in to binder.
- After logging into Binder, a "sending to binder" dialog will be displayed.
Students interested in using Binder should keep in mind the following considerations:
- You lose the ability to “fetch” content items if an instructor makes the D2L course inactive or hides/restricts content.
- Instructors can prohibit some content items from being downloaded to Binder.
- Student access to content items through Binder won’t be registered in User Progress, so your instructor won’t see that you’ve accessed it if you only access it through Binder
- Supported document types include:
- Excel: XLS and XLSX
- Images: JPG, JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- Text: TXT, RTF
- Word: DOC, DOCX
- Power Point: PPT, PPTX
- Adobe PDF: PDF