D2L - How to Link a Textbook Publisher, Content Publisher, or Learning Technology Tool for My Course (Request an EdTech App)
Learn how to request for a learning tool, or content from a publisher to be added to your D2L course.
Instructors have the option to tie select textbook or content publisher tools to their D2L courses. While not required, it is highly encouraged.
- Almost 100% of students use D2L on-campus. Students expect D2L for their courses.
- By making the tool available from your course, technical hurdles are removed.
- Students no longer need to keep track of login credentials or web addresses to third party sites.
- Students access course information through a website they are much more likely familiar with.
- Removing technical barriers increases the likelihood of student retention.
- The sign-up process for third-party tools is simplified, eliminating much of the need for instructors or publishers to troubleshoot.
- Frequently, grades or other information can be exported from these tools to D2L, simplifying the assessment (and ultimately reporting) process.
At UWM, instructors opt-in to publisher linking through a request form.
Which Publishers Are Supported?
Which Learning Technology Tools Are Supported?
- TurningPoint Cloud
How to Request a Publisher Integration
Note: to request Acrobatiq, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with information on the course and your contact at Acrobatiq.
- Login to D2L (http://d2l.uwm.edu)
- Under My Courses, visit the course you wish to add a publisher or technology tool to.
- Click the EdTech Apps link in your courses navigation bar.
- Click the tool you wish to have activated for your course.
- Fill-out the form and submit.
Requests are usually fulfilled the same business day and you will receive an email upon fulfillment.
Requesting for a Tool or Publisher Not Listed with D2L
If you are interested in a tool that is not listed in this article, email email@example.com with details on the publisher, any contacts from the company you may have, and any other information related to the use of the tool in your course or academic program. A consultant will typically respond within 24 hours.