D2L - How to Request an EdTech App: Enable a Textbook Publisher D2L Integration
Learn how to request for a learning tool, or content from a publisher to be added to your D2L course.
Instructors have the option to tie select textbook or content publisher tools to their D2L courses. While not required, it is highly encouraged.
- Almost 100% of students use D2L on-campus. Students expect D2L for their courses.
- By making the tool available from your course, technical hurdles are removed.
- Students no longer need to keep track of login credentials or web addresses to third party sites.
- Students access course information through a website they are much more likely familiar with.
- Removing technical barriers increases the likelihood of student retention.
- The sign-up process for third-party tools is simplified, eliminating much of the need for instructors or publishers to troubleshoot.
- Frequently, grades or other information can be exported from these tools to D2L, simplifying the assessment (and ultimately reporting) process.
At UWM, instructors opt-in to publisher linking through the EdTech Apps link in their D2L course.
What apps are available?
- Cengage MindLinks - Canvas External Tools - How do I use Cengage MindLinks Education Tools?
- McGraw-Hill Campus - Canvas External Tools - How do I use McGraw-Hill Education Tools?
- TurningPoint Cloud - About TurningPoint Clickers, and Where to Get Help
How to request for an EdTech app
- Login to D2L
- Under My Courses, visit the course you wish to add a publisher or technology tool to.
- Click the EdTech Apps link in your courses navigation bar.
- Click the tool you wish to have activated for your course.
- Fill-out the form and submit.
Requests are usually fulfilled the same business day and you will receive an email upon fulfillment.
Requesting for an EdTech App that isn't already included in D2L
If you are interested in a tool that is not listed in this article, email firstname.lastname@example.org with details on the publisher, any contacts from the company you may have, and any other information related to the use of the tool in your course or academic program. A consultant will respond within one business day.