Pulse VPN - How-to
This document describes the Pulse VPN software and some of its common usage. This document is intended to be read by users of the software.
Installing VPN Client on Work Computer
- Open the Start Menu and search for "Software Center"
- Under Applications look for pulse secure and select it.
- Press "Install" for Pulse Secure
Installing VPN Client on Home Computer
- Open a web browser and navigate to https://vpn.uwm.edu/dana/home/index.cgi. Sign in with your ePanther and password
- Select the installer for your particular computer to download and install it
Connecting to VPN
Once the program is installed restart the computer. After the computer has rebooted open Pulse Secure and set up the connection for the UWM VPN.
- Select the "+" to make a new connection
- Name: UWM VPN
- Server URL: vpn.uwm.edu
- Press "Add" to save the connection
- Click "Connect" to connect to the vpn. Use your ePanther ID and password you use to login to computers or your email account.