D2L Content / Known Issues - FLEX Competency Set (Course) Files Can't be Downloaded With a "Fatal" Error
Attempting to download FLEX competency set files presents a "Fatal" error message.
Description of the Known Issue
Students taking FLEX competency sets (D2L courses) that attempt to download course content may see an error after clicking the Download button. The error "Fatal" appears in a dialog box after a delay. Files are never downloaded.
The error is caused because D2L is unable to download certain files from the FLEX competency set. This is due to the way some information is presented in Content, in FLEX.courses.
The issue has been reported. No fix is currently available.
To avoid the issue, perform the following:
- From the FLEX competency set home page (Content Browser), click the Content Browser title to go to Content.
- Click a heading along the left (a module).
- If a Download button is available above the list of content (topics) to the right of the modules, click the button. The files will be downloaded as a ZIP file.
- Close the error message window.
- Click the down arrow (chevron) to the right of the title of an individual file.
- Click the Download link from the menu.