Software Center - getting programs & updates from off-campus
Laptop users may wish to install software or updates using Software Center while they are not on-campus. You can use the steps in this article to ensure you have the latest updates and software advertisements.
- Ensure you have a working connection to the internet.
- Connect to the UWM VPN. You can use the instructions at the link to install & connect to the VPN if you have not installed the VPN already.
- Open the Control Panel and set "View by" to either Large or Small icons
- Click the Configuration Manager icon
- In the Configuration Manager Properties Window, go to the Actions tab
- Select Machine Policy Retrieval & Evaluation Cycle and click Run now. Wait at least 5 minutes before proceeding.
- Open your Software Center and check for new updates and programs. You should see all the latest software & updates available to your computer.