Office 365 (Outlook 2011) - Open a shared calendar, address book, or Inbox folder
Important: To open another person's address book, calendar, or Inbox folder, both you and the other person must have Office 365/Microsoft Exchange account (Microsoft Exchange account: An account managed by Microsoft Exchange Server. Microsoft Exchange accounts are used by organizations with many users. They make it possible to synchronize e-mail, calendars, and contacts between multiple computers.) and the account owner must grant you permission.
- On the File menu, point to Open, and then click Other User's Folder.
- Click Find User
- Type the name of the person who granted you access, click Find, click the person's name, and then click OK.
If you have multiple Microsoft Exchange accounts, on the Account pop-up menu, click the account that you want to use to open the other user's folder.
- On the Type pop-up menu, click Calendar, Address Book, or Inbox, and then click OK.
The shared folder appears in the navigation pane (navigation pane: The left pane of the Document Connection for Mac window that displays saved locations and files.) under the Shared heading.
Important: If you receive the error "Outlook cannot open the folder" when attempting to open a calendar, this means that the user has not granted you any permissions above the default (Free/Busy or Limited Detail) -- "Reviewer / Full Details" or higher. Request that they grant you with additional permissions and then repeat the process. Otherwise, you can view the user's Free/Busy information by creating a new meeting request and adding that user in the Scheduling Assistant or you can subscribe to their calendar using Outlook on the web.
- If you have a shared folder selected in the navigation pane, new items that you create are saved in that shared folder.
- To remove another user's shared folder from your navigation pane (navigation pane: The left pane of the Document Connection for Mac window that displays saved locations and files.), hold down CONTROL , click the folder, and then click Remove from View.