Office 365 (Outlook 2011) - Create, edit, or delete a task
You probably keep a list of things to do on paper, in a spreadsheet, or maybe both. In Outlook, you can create tasks, get reminders, and track your progress all in one place.
What do you want to do?
- Click Tasks from the bottom left menu > Select Task.
- In the Subject box, type a name for the task. If you’ve got a lot to enter, keep the subject short, and then add the details in the task body. If there’s a fixed start or end date, set the Start date or Due date. Set the task’s priority by using Priority, on the right of the Follow Up flag. The ! is High Priority and blue arrow is Low Priority. If you want a pop-up reminder, check Reminder, and set the date and time.
- When finished Click Save & Close.
There’s a fast way to create a task based on an email message you received. Simply select an email and click the Follow Up flag. This email has now been added to you task list.
- Click Tasks.
- Find the task you want to edit and double-click the task to open it.
- Make the desired changes and click Save & Close.
- Click Tasks > Follow Up. And clear flag if you wish to keep remove the task from the task list.
- To permanently delet a task Click Delete.
And Delete again to confirm the delete action.