Office 365 (Outlook) - Setting up a Shared Mailbox on Mobile Version of Outlook
This guide walks the user through adding an Office 365 shared mailbox on the mobile application of Outlook. This guide assumes the user has already installed Microsoft Outlook on their mobile device.
Setting up a Shared Mailbox:
1. Open Outlook and open the menu.
2. Tap on Settings (gear icon).
3. Under Accounts, tap Add Account. Tap Add an email account.
4. Enter the email address of the shared mailbox and tap Continue. You will be taken to UWM's web login screen.
5. This step slight varies based on the kind of mobile device you are using.
(For Android:) Tap the back button once to take you to the Choose Account Type menu. Under Advanced, tap IMAP.
(For iOS:) Tap Not Office 365 in the top-right corner. Tap on Change Account Provider. Tap IMAP.
6. At the bottom, toggle the Advanced Settings togglebar to display more fields.
7. Enter the following information into each field:
Email Address: the email address of the shared mailbox
Display Name: the name of the shared mailbox
IMAP Host Name: outlook.office365.com:993
IMAP Username: the email address of the account that has access to the shared mailbox, followed by "\" and the email address of the shared mailbox
IMAP Password: the password of the account that has access to the shared mailbox (ePanther password)
SMTP Host Name: smtp.office365.com:587
SMTP Username: the email address of the account that has access to the shared mailbox
SMTP Password: the password of the account that has access to the shared mailbox (ePanther password)
8. Tap the Checkmark at the top-right (for Android) or tap Sign In (for iOS) to finish adding the shared mailbox. This should complete the process. You should see the shared mailbox under the list of Accounts now.