SSC Campus - Case Management: Alerts and Cases
Users with appropriate permissions have the ability to issue an alert on a student at any time. Alerts are a way to draw attention to a student who may potentially be at-risk. To issue an alert, click the Issue Alert Button
The system will then display the Issue Alert dialog.
Student - Type in the name or student ID to search for and select the student you wish to issue the alert for.
Alert Reason - Select the Alert Reason that best describes the reason you issued this alert (these alert reasons are defined and set by your Application Administrator).
Associated with a Class? - If the alert is associated with a specific course, you can select it here. Otherwise, leave it blank.
Additional Comments - This is where the advisor should write, in detail, the reasoning behind this alert.
When an Alert is issued for certain Alert Reasons, a case may be automatically created. These cases can then be followed and managed on the Cases page.
Issue an Alert from a Student's Profile
Another way you can issue an alert for a student is from the student's profile. Simply navigate to the student's profile page and select the Issue Alert link on the right hand side of the page in the I want to... box.
When enabled, user are required to provide a reason why they marked a student at-risk. These outcomes are customizable and are managed in the Administration feature.
- Name: Will be seen by Admins and professors when marking a student as at-risk. It should be as specific as necessary to convey the appropriate meaning.
- Alert Reason is Active: When checked, this reason will be selectable by professors when marking a student as at-risk.
- Show This Reason When Issuing Alerts: This option, if checked, will be available to users as they use the Issue an Alert feature.
- Show This Reason when Creating Progress Reports: If checked, this reason will be available to users as they create a progress report for a student.
- Alert Reason will Automatically Create a Case: Alerts can optionally automatically create an at-risk Case for those students marked as at-risk. When this option is checked, users can also choose from a host of auto-assign options.
- Auto Assign Case to Student's Advisor: Checking this option means that any student assigned this alert will have its case assigned to the student's assigned advisor(s).
- Auto Assign Case to Student's Coach: Checking this option means that any student assigned this alert will have its case assigned to the student's assigned coach(s).
- Auto Assign Case to These Users: Or a specific advisor can be assigned to handle all of these specific types of alerts. For example, I would like advisor Taj Alexander to be assigned to all students marked with the Financial Problems alert.
Before a case can be completed, an outcome must be assigned. These outcomes are customizable and are managed here.
Name: The name will be seen by Admins and Advisors and should thus be as descriptive as possible. These names will also be visible on reports.
Active: If you wish an outcome to no longer be selectable at the conclusion of a case, uncheck this box.