Respondus 4 - How to Install Respondus
Learn how to install and setup Respondus 4.
To use Respondus 4, it must be installed on your Windows computer. Respondus 4 Campus-wide is available, which means the application is available for faculty and staff free-of-charge. There is currently no way to install Respondus 4 from Software Center.
Getting Respondus 4
Contact the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning to get a download link and licensing information for Respondus 4. Once downloaded, install the application.
- Find the installation file that was downloaded to your hard drive (eg. Respondus4.exe)
- Double-click the file, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Once Respondus 4 is installed, the product must be activated. CETL will provide the necessary information at the same time the Respondus download is shared with you.
How to Start or Launch Respondus 4
Do one of the following:
- Double-click the Respondus 4 icon on your desktop
- (For older versions of Windows) Click the Start Menu, then click Programs, then look for the Respondus folder. Then click the Respondus 4 icon.
- (For newer versions of Windows) Click the Windows icon, Then click Search. Type "Respondus". Once the Respondus icon appears, click it to launch.
Activating Respondus 4
After starting Respondus, you will be prompted to enter the Institution Name, Support Contact and Activation Password. Consult the response by CETL for this information.
Choose a Personality
Once Respondus 4 is activated, you are prompted to select a Learning management system (LMS) “personality.” Respondus 4 offers various user environments (called “personalities”) that parallel the features and terminology used by specific learning management systems. Set the Personality to "D2L Brightspace".