About Acrobatiq and Where To Get Help
This article describes how students and instructors can obtain support for Acrobatiq courseware.
What Is Acrobatiq Courseware?
Acrobatiq courseware is a learning tool used in some courses at UW-Milwaukee. Acrobatiq courseware includes instructive content, media, practice exercises, scored assessments, and more, usually serving all together as the primary learning tool in your class. Typically, students pay for access to Acrobatiq by buying a Redemption Code through the UWM Virtual Bookstore, then using the Redemption Code to enter the Acrobatiq course.
How Do UWM Users Access Acrobatiq?
Typically, students and instructors access Acrobatiq through a link in the courses content, or course navigation bar.
- The first time a person uses an Acrobatiq link, the user will be prompted to verify their identity and time zone. Users don’t need to select a User ID and Password; instead they access Acrobatiq seamlessly, using the D2L link.
- D2L Course Instructors and TAs do not need to purchase access to Acrobatiq.
- D2L Course Students will be asked to enter a Redemption Code purchased from the UWM Virtual Bookstore.
- If a student doesn’t have a Redemption Code select Pay Later, which provides 17 days of unrestricted access to the Acrobatiq courseware.
After 17 days the student must enter their Redemption Code to access the content and for the instructor to receive their scores and other data.
Do not navigate to the Acrobatiq website and create an account. The Acrobatiq link in D2L is the only method available for reaching your Acrobatiq content.
How Do Instructors Add Acrobatiq to Their Courses?
Where do UWM Users Get Help with Acrobatiq courseware?
The UWM Help Desk is not responsible for supporting the use of Acrobatiq. The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning does not provide instructional support of Acrobatiq. At this time, no campus IT or teaching/learning offices support Acrobatiq.
Students should review the following steps to determine how to get help:
- When a student encounters an issue, someone else may have already reported the issue to the instructor. First look for a solution in news or other communications from their instructor.
- If there are no announcements about the issue, the student should communicate the issue to their instructor.
- If your instructor is unable to solve the problem, the instructor may ask the student to open a ticket with Acrobatiq Support.
- Navigate to the Acrobatiq page where your issue is located.
- Click the HELP link in the menu at the top right of the page. This method is preferred because it captures important information about the user’s identity, location in the Acrobatiq course, browser, and device. This is the most efficient support process for users.
- If you’re unable to reach the HELP link, email Acrobatiq Support directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.