D2L News - Working With News (for Students)
Learn about the News tool, and how to manage notifications.
Use the News tool to read instructor messages, course information, and other updates. News items appear in the News widget, but you can also receive instant notifications about postings through email, SMS, and RSS feeds.
Subscribe to a News RSS feed
You can subscribe to a News RSS feed and receive daily updates of all News items in an RSS reader of your choice. This allows you to access an aggregate of News items without logging into Brightspace.
- On the minibar, click your courses name.
- From the News menu, click the chevron for a drop-down menu.
- Click RSS.
- Copy and paste the URL from the RSS page into and RSS reader of your choice.
- If you are using Outlook for your RSS reader, please see: Subscribe to an RSS Feed - Outlook
Enable notifications in News
You can sign up to receive immediate text or email notifications when new and updated News items appear.
Before you begin: You must set up a contact method before subscribing to notifications.
- From your personal menu on the minibar, click Notifications.
- For the News - item updated option and News - new item available option, select if you want to receive email or SMS notifications.