D2L Quizzes - How to Start Taking a Quiz
Learn how to start taking a quiz in your D2L course.
Before you begin
To prevent issues with taking quizzes, review the following points.
- Preferred: use a direct wired connection to your modem, router or gateway.
- Preferred: students in residence halls should use an on-campus wired connection or visit a campus computer lab.
- Discouraged: avoid using WiFi as unstable signal can disrupt your quiz progress.
- Avoid: if at all possible, do not use a mobile hotspot or dial-up connection. Connections can be very unstable and extremely slow.
Computers and devices
- Acceptable: use your personal computer with supported software. D2L - Supported Browsers and Minimum System Requirements
- Preferred: use campus computers. They are kept in good condition and have up-to-date software.
- Avoid: don't use your phone or tablet computer.
Tips for success
- Save questions as you take the quiz by clicking the disk icon.
- Before submitting, review your answers.
- If you change your answer, re-save.
- Wait for the confirmation page after you submit your quiz.
- Did your browser freeze? Close your browser fully, then log back into D2L and start the quiz. The quiz timer is always running--even when you aren't in D2L!
- Do not use Private Browsing or Incognito Mode.
- Do not use a mobile device.
Start and submit a quiz
- In your courses navigation bar, click the Quizzes link.
- On the Quiz List page, click on the quiz you want to take.
- Read the instructions and details for the quiz, and when you're ready, click Start Quiz!.
- Answer each question.
- As a best practice, save each answer after you have entered it. You can see which questions you have saved answers to in the Questions section of the quiz's left panel. You can also click the question number in the quiz's left panel to go back to the question.
Did you have a problem?
Contact your instructor to let them know of the problem. If your instructor is unable to help, contact the UWM Help Desk.