EMS - Bootcamp
This document functions as an overview of the EMS software for Enterprise training.
EMS is event management software that Union staff use to schedule meetings and events around campus. It can be used to book rooms and manage events around campus, track room reservations, handle billing, organize food orders, and generally handle any sort of organization regarding events.
EMS is developed by 'EMS Software LLC.' The EMS client is required software which should be installed to any computer which is in the "ad.uwm.edu\SA\Groups\Security\Software Deployment - Unlimited license\SA-Software Deployment-EMS" group in AD. This client prompts the user to connect to a server and database on startup, and then prompts for a username and password.
The server is called SA-SQLDB1.ad.uwm.edu with database SA_Union_EMS and is located in the EMS datacenter.
- Troubleshoot installation and basic usage of EMS such as entering server information
- Deployment of EMS via adding computer to software group
- Packaging and deploying EMS
- Creating EMS Accounts (Needs ePanther ID)
- Advanced application troubleshooting
- Server-side troubleshooting
EMS is used by the following departments:
- Restaurant Operations
- Union Event Services
- Panthercard Office
- Union Marketing
These departments will use it to organize large events in terms of timings, food, rooms, programs, etc.