Ambir Scanners - Deployment
This document serves as a guide to installing Ambir Scanners on SA computers.
- Have admin access to the computer
- Have the Ambir TravelScan PS600-3 scanner
- Have a USB to USB2 cord (should come with scanner)
- Have a calibration page (should come with scanner)
- Have internet access on the computer
- Install the AmbirScan 2.0 application and the Windows 64-bit drivers on the computer, following the default installation settings. This requires admin credentials.
- Plug in the TravelScan PS600-3 scanner into the computer with the USB-USB2 cable.
- Open the AmbirScan 2.0 application and press the 'Scan' button in the application. Since it is the first time scanning with the TravelScan scanner on this computer, it will prompt for the calibration page.
- Place the calibration page in the scanner with the arrows on the paper facing the scanner, then run the calibration.
After these steps are completed, the printer is ready for use by staff. Show the client how to use the AmbirScan 2.0 application. If you would like to know how to use the AmbirScan 2.0 application, check out Document 65229 is unavailable at this time. .
"Business Card Folder"
Scott Hoffland and Chad Boppel typically use the scanner to scan business cards, and others in their department may ask for a "business card folder" and expect you to know what it is. Just make a folder at C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\Business Cards, have the scanner scan to it by default, and change the default scan size to 'Business Card'.