macOS - Microsoft Word - Troubleshooting - Mail Merge is Disabled
This is a document which describes the resolution for an issue in which the Mail Merge on Microsoft Word for Mac is greyed out or disabled
Description and Reproduction
Some clients have reported that when trying to do a mail merge in Microsoft Word for Mac, the option to do a Mail Merge to Email is grayed out. This is because Microsoft Outlook is not configured as the default mail application.
- Open OSX's 'Mail' application
- Click on the 'Mail' menu item on the menu bar.
- Open the 'General' Tab
- Find the 'Default email reader' dropdown menu and select 'Microsoft Outlook'
- Close Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Apple's Mail. Make sure their processes are no longer running!
- Reopen Microsoft Word and the option to mail merge to email should be enabled.