Office 365 (Outlook on the Web) - Skype for Business Web Integration Instant Messaging
This article shows how Office 365 users can utilize the Outlook on the Web browser client extension, Skype for Business Intstant Messaging system.
1 . Log into the Office 365 Outlook on the Web browser client: http://outlook.office365.com
2. On the main page, click on the Skype for Business window by your profile picture
3. Clicking on the + sign will start a new conversation into which you can add as many people as you would like. Start a new conversation by double clicking on one of your contacts, or by using the search bar to enter the full name or ePanther username (Note: You can start a two person conversation by going to the contact list and selecting an individual on the contact list)
4. If you used the New Chat function and selected all the individuals you wish to instant message, click on the Check at the bottom of the page (Note: Hitting the X will cancel the new conversation and send you back to your list of contacts)
5. Type a message to the individual(s) in your conversation to initiate the discussion.
6. Exit Skype for Business by clicking on the logo by your profile picture.
How to accept an IM invite:
1. If you have received an IM invite you will be notified by a small popup on the right of the page.
2: Click Respond to begin a new conversation, or hit Ignore to ignore the message until late.