Office 365 (Skype for Business) - Skype for Business Web Scheduler
Skype for Business Web Scheduler is a web-based program that you can use to create Skype Meetings.
To access the Web Scheduler go to https://sched.lync.com and log in with your ePanther information.
- Create a Skype Meeting
- Send the meeting information to participants
- Join a Skype Meeting
- View, edit, or delete an existing meeting
When you sign in to the Skype for Business Web Scheduler, you'll go straight to the New Meeting page.
1. Enter an Event title for your meeting.
2. If the meeting will include in-person attendees, enter the meeting Location. Otherwise, you can leave the meeting location as Skype Call.
3. Enter the meeting details in the Message box, and set the start and end date and time.
4. Under Attendees and Audio, add the attendees' names or email addresses, separated by semicolons.
5. Below is an aid to help you determine what to enter in the Who will bypass the lobby? section .
WHO GETS IN DIRECTLY?
You are the only one who gets into the meeting directly. Everyone else has to wait until admitted.
You have a high security meeting and confidential information. People I invite from my company Only people who were invited can join the meeting directly. Everyone else has to wait until admitted. You're discussing confidential information, and want to only allow specific people to join. People from my company Anyone from your company can get in the meeting directly, even if not invited. You don't have external participants and you are not discussing confidential information. Everyone (no restrictions) Anyone who has access to the meeting link gets in to the meeting directly. You're inviting outside participants and you're not discussing confidential information.
6. Below is an aid to help you determine what to enter in the Who is a presenter? section.
PRESENTER OPTION WHO IS A PRESENTER?
WHEN TO CHOOSE THIS OPTION
Organizer only Only the person who schedules the meetings. For presentations where the participants don't have to interact with the meeting content. (You can designate additional presenters during the meeting.) People I choose You and the participants you choose. For presentations with more than one presenter. People from my company Everyone you invite who has an account on your network. For group work sessions, where all participants work at your organization and can share and modify meeting content. Everyone (no restrictions) Everyone you invite. For group work sessions with people who don't have an account on your network.
7. Check the box next to People dialing in by phone will bypass the lobby if you want your dial-in callers to go straight to the meeting.
8. Select Save.
To send the meeting request, you can copy the meeting details and paste them into an email program, or save the details in iCalendar format and send it as an attachment.
- Copy the meeting request and paste it into an email.
1. When you've finished creating the meeting, select Save. You'll see a confirmation page that lists your meeting details, including the Join Skype Meeting URL.
2. Highlight the meeting information, right-click, and then choose Copy.
3. Open your email program and create a regular meeting request.
4. Paste the Skype meeting details into the request.
5. Add the participants' email addresseses to the message, verify the meeting date and time, enter a meeting agenda, and then send the request.
- Send your meeting request as an iCalender file
Note: The iCalendar file format lets users of different email systems exchange calendar information. To send your meeting request as an iCalendar:
1. In the My Meetings section, select the meeting by its subject, and then select Info.
2. At the bottom of the meeting invitation window, select Export as iCalendar.
3. When prompted by your web browser to either open or save the iCalendar file, select Save.
4. Create an email message and add the iCalendar file you just created as an attachment.
TIP: Learn how to insert an attachment here.
5. Enter the meeting participants, meeting title, and a message as appropriate, and then send the email.
When participants open the iCalendar file, the meeting is automatically added to their default mail or calendaring program.
To join a meeting you created with Skype for Business Web Scheduler, do one of the following:
- Open the email meeting request and select the meeting link.
- Open Skype for Business Web Scheduler, select the meeting you want from the list on the left, and then select Join in the meeting summary pane.
To view a meeting's details, open Skype for Business Web Scheduler and select the meeting title on the left. Skype for Business Web Scheduler lists only the meetings you've scheduled, not all the meetings on your calendar.
- To edit or delete a meeting.
1. Select Edit or Delete in the meeting summary pane.
2. After you've made your changes, send the participants either the updated meeting information or a notice of the meeting cancellation.
IMPORTANT: Skype for Business Web Scheduler doesn't update your calendar automatically, so participants must be informed of every change you make.