Mac OSX - Dictation
One of the most useful features of Mac OSX is the ability to speak to your Mac and have it translated into text. This document is a basic overview of that functionality.
1. Open the System Preferences application.
2. Click on Dication & Speech.
3. In this window you can :
- Choose the audio input
- Toggle dictation on or off
- Enable Enhanced Dictation
- Choose the language
- Choose the shortcut to use dictation.
4. In any place you would normally place text, you can now enter the shortcut and dictation will engage.