If you're already syncing a personal Microsoft OneDrive account on your computer (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org), you will need to proceed with the steps in the installing the OneDrive sync client section, since you may be using an outdated version of the sync client which lacks support for syncing OneDrive for Business accounts.
1. On your University owned Mac, search for Self Service by hitting cmd+Space to launch a Spotlight query and then type "Self Service". Open Self Service by clicking it.
2. In Self Service, find the "OneDrive UITS" app and click the Install button under it.
3. Once the OneDrive sync client has been installed, launch it by pressing cmd+Space to launch a Spotlight query and then type "OneDrive".
You'll want set up OneDrive so that you can connect to your UWM Office 365 account.
1. Open the Microsoft OneDrive sync client by pressing cmd+Space to launch a Spotlight query and then type "OneDrive". Once the OneDrive app launches, in the "Set up OneDrive" window that appears, enter your UWM email address and click the Sign in button.
2. Enter your UWM email address and password in the text boxes and then click the Sign in button.
3. The "This Is Your OneDrive Folder" screen will appear. Click the Choose OneDrive Folder Location to set the sync folder location on your local computer:
4. The "Choose a location for your OneDrive folder" window will appear. You can simply click the Choose this location button to select the default location, or change the location, and/or make a new folder.
5. The "This Is Your OneDrive Folder" window will appear. Click the Next button.
6. In the "Sync files from your OneDrive" screen that appears, you can choose to select the All files and folders on my OneDrive radio button to sync the entire contents of your OneDrive for Business library, or choose individual folders by selecting Choose folders to sync folders. Once you have made your selection(s), click the Next button:
7. The "Your OneDrive is ready for you" screen will appear and you can click the "Open my OneDrive - University of Wisconsin Milwaukee folder" button to show your OneDrive sync folder on your computer. Additionally, check the Open at login so my files sync automatically check box to ensure the sync client opens when you login to your computer.
Depending on the number and size of files and folders you chose to sync, the initial sync process may take some time. This will also depend on the speed of your internet connection.
1. From your desktop, go to Go and select Home.
2. Drag the "OneDrive" folder to your favorites bar, then release the mouse. It should now show up in Favorites.
1. Go to System Preferences by pressing Command + Space to launch a Spotlight search, then type "System Preferences" and press enter. Once open, select Extensions.
2. In "Extensions" select All third-party extensions and check the "Finder" check box under OneDrive.