Office 365 (OneDrive for Business) - Setting up the OneDrive sync client for Mac on personal computers
The OneDrive sync client is available for those who prefer managing their files using a desktop application over a web browser. To use the desktop sync client, you must install it and sync your library. Once synced, your OneDrive for Business library will appear as a folder on your computer from which you can view, upload, and share.
- How to proceed if you are currently syncing a personal Microsoft OneDrive account
- Installing the OneDrive sync client
- Syncing Your OneDrive for Business Library for the first time
- Show OneDrive in Favorites
- Enable the OneDrive Extension
If you're already syncing a personal Microsoft OneDrive account on your computer (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org), you will need to proceed with the steps in the installing the OneDrive sync client section, since you may be using an outdated version of the sync client which lacks support for syncing OneDrive for Business accounts.
UWM OneDrive for Business website and log in with your ePanther ID and password.
2. In the lower right-hand corner of the screen, click the Get the OneDrive apps link.
5. Click the Install App button.
6. The OneDrive app will install (you may be prompted to enter your Apple ID / iTunes account credentials. If you do not have an iTunes account, you will need to create one in order to download the OneDrive app). Once the app is installed, open Launcher and click the OneDrive app icon.
3. Enter your UWM email address and password in the text boxes and then click the Sign in button.
4. The "This Is Your OneDrive Folder" screen will appear. Click the Choose OneDrive Folder Location to set the sync folder location on your local computer.
5. The "Choose a location for your OneDrive folder" window will appear. You can simply click the Choose this location button to select the default location, or change the location, and/or make a new folder.
6. The "This Is Your OneDrive Folder" window will appear. Click the Next button.
8. The "Your OneDrive is ready for you" screen will appear and you can click the Open my OneDrive - University of Wisconsin Milwaukee folder button to show your OneDrive sync folder on your computer. Additionally, check the Open at login so my files sync automatically check box to ensure the sync client opens when you login to your computer.
- Office 365 (OneDrive for Business) - Setting up the OneDrive sync client for Mac on University computers
- Office 365 (OneDrive for Business) - Setting up the OneDrive sync client for Windows on University computers
- Office 365 (OneDrive for Business) - Setting up the OneDrive sync client for Windows on personal computers