Office 365 (OneDrive for iOS) - File Management
This document explains basic file management and utility in OneDrive for IOS
- Create a folder
- Move files to a different folder
- Search files
- Share a file
- Add photo or video
1. In the folder of view where you would like to create a new file, select the More button at the top of the screen
2. Select Add Items
3. Select Create a Folder
4. You can then enter the name of the new folder you would like to create and then select Create at the top of the screen.
1. While in the folder that contains the items you wish to move, tap More at the top of the screen, then Select Items.
2. Tap the check box of the file or folder you wish to move, then tab Move at the bottom of the screen.
3. This will open your Files list. Tap the folder you want to move the files to, and then tap Move at the bottom of the screen
1. To search for text within all your files, in the Files view, tap the search box at the top of the screen and enter your search phrase
To share a folder with others:
1. Tap the More button at the top of the screen, then tap Select Items in the menu that appears. Now toggle the folder that you wish to share and tap the Share Button at the bottom of the screen
2. Tap Invite People.
3. From here you can enter the email of anybody you wish to share the folder with. That person will receive an email with a link to the folder and you can toggle whether or not you will allow them to edit.
To share a file with others:
1. Tap the file you wish to share
2. Tap the Share button at the bottom then select either Invite People to allow them to access the file or Send File to send the file as a message or an email.
1. Tap More at the top of the screen then tap Add Items in the menu that appears.
2. Select either Choose Existing to upload from your photos or Take a Photo or Video to take a photo or video and upload it.