Office 365 (Outlook 2013/2016) - Create an email message
Creating a new message is as simple as clicking the New Email button within the 'New' group.
- Click Home.
- In the New group, click New Email.
Keyboard shortcut To create an email message, press Ctrl+Shift+M.
- If multiple email accounts are configured in Microsoft Outlook, the From button appears and the account that will send the message is shown. To change the account, click From.
- In the Subject box, type the subject of the message.
- Enter the recipients' email addresses or names in the To, Cc, or Bcc box (To, Cc, and Bcc boxes: A message is sent to the recipients in the To box. Recipients in the Cc (carbon copy) and Bcc (blind carbon copy) boxes also get the message; however, the names of the recipients in the Bcc box aren't visible to other recipients.). Separate multiple recipients with a semicolon.
To select recipients' names from a list in the Address Book, click To, Cc, or Bcc, and then click the names that you want.
Don't see the Bcc box?
To display the Bcc box for this and all future messages, click Options, and then in the Show Fields group, click Bcc.
- After you have composed the message, click Send.