Self Service - Installing Software and Printers
Basic use on how to install software and add printers using the application Self Service, only applicable to Mac users.
Self Service is an application that is installed on every L&S computer. The main purpose is to install software to your Mac computer, also can be used to add Department Printers.How to install software using Self Service:
- Navigate to the dock at the bottom of the screen and click "Launchpad"
- Scroll through until you find "Self Service" (the location will most likely differ between computers), click on this to open the application
- This will bring you to the main page of the application, showing you software that you can install on your computer.
- If you see a blank page, click on the link to the right which will say "All Self-Service Applications"
- Now Navigate to which software you would like to download, click on the gray button with the name of the software
- This will start the installation, it should be quick but some software is bigger than others which will take longer. You can track the progress of the installation at the top of the window.
- After that has finished you should be able to find the software you installed within "Launchpad".
- Open "Self Service" the same way as before, navigate through "Launchpad" and click on "Self Service".
- The table to the right will have a link labeled "Printer Configurations" click on this.
- You will see the department printers you should have access too labeled as "L&S-Department Printers" (i.e. L&S-Sociology Printers).
- Click on the grey button within the box to start adding the printers, again the loading bar up top should start after that has completed the printers should be added.
- You can test the printer by creating a test page on Word or TextEdit and try to select the correct printer to print.