Map a network printer in Windows
Follow these instructions to map a UWM network printer from Windows.
- Navigate to the Control Panel.
In Windows 7, click the Start button and select Control Panel.
In Windows 8, right-click the Start button and select Control panel. In Windows 10, it is simplest to search for "Devices and Printers" from the search bar and go to step 3.
- In the Control Panel, select View devices and printers
- In the top navigation bar, click Add a printer
- Select Add a network, wireless or bluetooth printer
- Select The printer I that I want isn't listed
- Select the radio button for Find a printer in the directory, based on location or feature
- In the Name field, enter a search for the name of the printer you want to add and click Find Now.
You can get this information from your IT support department, or search based on the naming convention. The standard naming convention begins with the campus building abbreviation, followed by the room number. For example, a printer in Merrill Hall 214 could be searched for with the search term "mer214".
- Double click the printer you want to add, or highlight it and click OK.
- Windows will automatically download and install a driver for your printer.
- You are ready to print!