Office 365 (Outlook on the Web) - How to add a UWM account as an alias in gmail
It is possible to add an Office 365 UWM email account as an "alias" in Gmail. Once this is configured, all sent messages using the UWM "alias" in Gmail will appear as if they originated from the individual's UWM Office 365 account and recipient replies will also be sent to the UWM account.
- Click on the Settings' Gear icon, then choose Settings. Click on the Accounts and Import tab and click on Add another email address you own.
- The Add a mail account window should appear in a new window. Enter your UWM email address in the "Email address:" field and ensure that the "Treat as an alias" check box is checked. Then click Next Step.
Enter the following information:
- SMTP Server: smtp.office365.com
- Username: Your UWM email address, e.g. ePantherID@uwm.edu
- Password: Your password for the above account
- Port: 587
- Make sure Secured connection using TLS is selected
- Once the settings are entered, click Add Account.
- Google will send an email to your Office 365 UWM account to verify that you are the owner of your Office 365 UWM address. You must verify before you can send emails from your Office 365 UWM address through Gmail. Copy/Paste the confirmation code into the text box and click Verify.
You will now return to the open window where you initially clicked Add another mail account. Gmail is now configured to allow sending email from the Office 365 UWM account.
When you click the "Compose" button in gmail to compose a new message, you will now be able to select your UWM email address from a drop-down in the "From" field.