SSC Campus - Case Management Alerts and Cases
Users with appropriate permissions have the ability to issue an alert on a student at any time. Alerts are a way to draw attention to a student who may potentially be at-risk.
To issue an alert, click the Issue Alert button. The system will then display the Issue Alert dialog.
- Student - Type in the name or student ID to search for and select the student you wish to issue the alert for.
- Alert Reason - Select the Alert Reason that best describes the reason you issued this alert (these alert reasons are defined and set by your Application Administrator).
- Associated with a Class? - If the alert is associated with a specific course, you can select it here. Otherwise, leave this blank.
- Additional Comments - This is where the advisor should write, in detail, the reasoning behind this alert.
When an Alert is issued for certain Alert Reasons, a case may be automatically created. These cases can then be followed and managed on the Cases page.
Issue an Alert from a Student’s Profile
Another way you can issue an alert for a student is from the student’s profile. Simply navigate to the student’s profile page and select the Issue Alert link on the right hand side of the page in the “I want to…” box.
When enabling, users must provide a reason why they marked a student at-risk. These outcomes are customizable and managed in the Administration feature.
- Name - Will be seen by Admins and professors when marking a student as at-risk. It should be as specific as necessary to convey the appropriate meaning.
- Alert Reason is Active - When checked, this reason will be selectable by professors when marking a student as at-risk.
- Show This Reason When Issuing Alerts - This option, if checked, will be available to users as they use the Issue an Alert feature.
- Show This Reason when Creating Progress Reports - If checked, this reason will be available to users as they create a progress report for a student.
- Alert Reason will Automatically Create a Case - Alerts can optionally automatically create an at-risk Case for those students marked as at-risk. When this option is checked, users can also choose from a host of auto-assign options.
- Auto Assign Case to Student’s Advisor - Checking this option means that any student assigned this alert will have its case assigned to the student’s assigned advisor(s).
- Auto Assign Case to Student’s Coach - Checking this option means that any student assigned this alert will have its case assigned to the student’s assigned coach(s).
- Auto Assign Case to These Users - Or a specific advisor can be assigned to handle all of these specific types of alerts. For example, I would like advisor Taj Alexander to be assigned to all students marked with the Financial Problems alert.
Before a case can be completed, an outcome must be assigned. These outcomes are customizable and are managed here.
- Name: The name will be seen by Admins and Advisors and should thus be as descriptive as possible. These names will also be visible on reports.
- Active: If you wish an outcome to no longer be selectable at the conclusion of a case, uncheck this box.