Conference Programmer (Windows) - Deployment - ODBC Connection
Instructions to set up the ODBC connection "CP" required for program operation
SummaryConference programmer is an events and registration management system in use by University Housing at UWM. Outside of the standard program install, an ODBC connection must be established for program operation.
Issue / Problem
In the main login window for Conference Programmer, one must have an appropriate connection specified in the 'Connection Info' tab under 'ODBC Connection'. On our systems, this connection is named CP. Below are instructions to create this connection if it is missing on a client machine.
- Open C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe as an Administrator.
- Under the "System DSN" tab, click Add... on the right.
- In the window that appears, scroll down and select the "SQL Server" driver and press Finish.
- In the new window, enter "CP" as the name of the connection and "SA-SCSQL1.ad.uwm.edu" as the server and press Next.
- Select the second radio selector at the top for "With SQL Server authentication using a login ID and password entered by the user" and uncheck the box that says "Connect to SQL Server to obtain default settings..." and press Next, Next, and Finish to complete the wizard. Then press OK or Apply in the ODBC Data Source Administrator program to finish.
- Make sure the client selects "CP" as their connection in the Conference Programmer login window.