Duo - Adding a New Mobile Device
If you want to add a new mobile device to authenticate with Duo, you can follow this set of instructions.
Setting up the New Mobile Device
First, download and install the Duo Mobile application on the new mobile device (can be downloaded from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store).The new mobile device must meet Duo Mobile's minimum requirements:
- You must have a screen lock on the mobile device enabled which can be in the form of a password, PIN, pattern, a fingerprint/Touch ID, or Face ID.
- Your mobile device may not be rooted/jail-broken. You must restore your device to the manufacturer authorized operating system to meet this requirement.
Add the New Mobile Device
Next, you will need to navigate to https://uwm.edu/duodashboard and log into the Duo Dashboard. This will require second factor authentication. Once you have completed the authentication, you will be directed to the Duo Dashboard and can begin adding the new mobile device.
- Click the Duo Account Management button.
- Under the Add a Duo Device section at the top, click the Add Mobile Device button.
- Select the type of device you are adding.
- Enter a name for the device (must be between 4 and 14 characters).
- If this device is a mobile phone, enter the phone number (formatted as: "xxx-xxx-xxxx"). If this device is a tablet, disregard this step and continue to step 5.
- Click the Add Mobile Device button. A QR code will be generated.
- With the new device, open Duo Mobile and click the + near the top-right corner.
- With the new device, scan the QR code.
- In the Duo Dashboard, click the Test Activation button.
- The Duo Dashboard will refresh itself and the new device information will appear under the Mobile Devices section, indicating you have successfully added the new mobile device.
If you see a message indicating the test activation failed or see that the Status of the new mobile device is "Inactive", please contact the UWM Help Desk at (414) 229-4040, toll free at (877) 381-3459, or submit a request online at gettechhelp.uwm.edu.