Office 365 (Skype for Business) - Desktop Client Setup and Configuration (Windows)
The Skype for Business desktop client is available to those who prefer a richer communication experience. The desktop client offers more features than the Lync web client. All UWM faculty, staff and students are able to download the Lync destop client from the Office 365 Software portal.
1. Navigate to the Outlook On The Web e-mail account and log in.
2. Select Office 365 in the main menu bar at the top of the screen.3. Under the Install Now button, select Other installs.
4. On the left side of the page, select 'Skype for Business'.
5. Click the 'Install' button. A file will be put in the downloads folder. Open the file and complete the installation steps.
1. From your computer, start up the Skype for Business application.
2. Enter your UWM email address and then hit Sign In. Then enter your password.
3. After signing in, you will reach the main Skype for Business screen, where you can initiate video calls and instant messages. You only have to initiate the login process once. Skype for Business will automatically login when you reboot your computer.