Help Desk Procedure - Training - Escalation Checklist
This document shows the typical steps that an incident should take, a detailed section regarding the procedure of escalating from tier 1 to tier 2, and details regarding the different departments' responsibilities.
- Search the KB for related documents (if one does not exist after a solution is found, create one or ask for help on how to do this). Utilize the View Knowledge feature
- Google for solutions researching the incident. Utilize the View Knowledge feature
- Ask co-workers at helpdesk for solutions
- Student Supervisor – If the request is not a standard incident that we know for certain is handled by another department ask a supervisor to review the incident with you.
- Chad - If unable to determine a clear answer or proper escalation Chad will assist with which department the ticket should be escalated to or how the incident should be handled.
In order to escalate allsteps must be journaled and documented on what has been attempted.