pantherPRINT Installation and Use Guide
How to install pantherPRINT in Windows 7 and 8, as well as Mac OSX Up to 10.9.
- Installation Process for Windows-Based Laptops.
- Printing documents from a Windows-Based Laptop.
- Installation Process for Macintosh-Based Laptops
- Printing Documents from a Macintosh-Based Laptop
Once the pantherPRINT installer has been downloaded, you can begin the Installation Process. To download pantherPRINT, please visit pantherprint.uwm.edu.
1. Launch the pantherPRINT installer from your downloads folder and click on "Install" to begin the install process.
2. The installer will run itself and may take a few minutes to complete. When the installer completes, click "Finish".
3. Congratulations! The pantherPRINT application has been installed on your computer.
Printing Documents from a Windows-Based Laptop
The pantherPRINT Wireless Printing service allows you to print from any program (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint) that offers a printing capability. Telling the computer to print a document varies based on the program you are printing from, but once the document has been submitted to the pantherPRINT service, completing the printing process is the same. Note that you can only access the pantherPRINT service using a campus wireless connection such as PROWLnet and the UWM WiFi and UWM Sponsored options of the UWM WiFi Service. For instructions on setting up your device to use the UWM Wifi option, visit the UWM WiFi Instruction Web page. NOTE: You cannot print using the "public" option of the UWM WiFi service.
1. From any program you are printing from, it is important to specify the correct printer in order for pantherPRINT to receive the document. The graphic below uses Microsoft Word, but the process for selecting a printer is essentially the same across many programs. From the printer selection list, be sure to select "pantherPRINT Wireless Queue" as your printer.
2. By default, documents are set to print double-sided and in black and white ink. These defaults can be changed depending on what program you're using. Once you've submitted the job by clicking "Print" a Pharos dialogue box will pop up and ask you to enter your ePantherID and password. Enter your information and click "Print."
3. After you enter your ePantherID and password, click "Print." Your job is now submitted to the pantherPRINT service and may be printed from any pantherPRINT station on campus, with the exception of the public printers located by the Grind public kiosks in the Library Learning Commons. Retreiving a print job sent from your computer is exactly the same as retrieving a print job sent from a Campus Computer Lab computer.
Once you've downloaded the pantherPRINT wireless application, you can begin the Installation process.
NOTE. pantherPRINT is only compatible up to MacOSX 10.9, Mavericks. It is not compatible with MacOSX 10.10, Yosemite.
1. Open the pantherPRINT.dmg file to mount the disk-image that contains pantherPRINT.pkg
2. Open the installer by clicking on the "pantherPRINT.pkg" file.
3. Based on the security restrictions on your computer, you may get a dialogue box like the one pictured below. If this happens, click "OK.".
To remedy this, hold down the control key, and click on the pantherPRINT.pkg file and select "Open With" and then "Installer".
A message will display which asks if you want to open pantherPRINT.pkg. Click on Open.
4. Once the installer opens, click "Continue."
5. Set your desired location for the utility to be installed. Usually the default, which is your hard drive, works. After this has been done, click "Install."
6. Please authenticate the installation by entering your computer's Username and Password.
7. Select "Continue Installation" to acknowledge that your computer will need to restart and then allow the installer to run.
8. Select "Restart" to restart your computer. You MUST restart in order to finish installing pantherPRINT.
Follow the steps below to print a document to the pantherPRINT service. Note
that you can only access the pantherPRINT service using a campus
wireless connection such as PROWLnet and the UWMWiFi and UWM Sponsored
options of the UWM WiFi service. For instructions on setting up your
device to use the UWMWiFi option, visit the UWM WiFi Instruction Web page. NOTE: You cannot print using the “public” option of the UWM WiFi service.
1. Click on File > Print, or simply Command + P on your Keyboard.
2. In order for your document to be printed, you must select pantherPRINT in the printer field. The default settings for the printer are set to double sided black and white sheets. You can change this setting if you wish.
3. After you ensure that the correct printer is selected, click on "print". A dialogue box will pop up asking you to enter your ePantherID and password. After you enter in this information, select Print again.
4. Your job is now submitted to the pantherPRINT service and may be printed
from any pantherPRINT station on campus, with the exception of the
public printers located by the Grind public kiosks in the Library
Learning Commons. Retreiving a print job sent from your computer is
exactly the same as retrieving a print job sent from a Campus Computer