PAWS - Online payment/billing
Students can use PAWS to pay their bills online. The following is a tutorial for how to pay online using PAWS.
- Log into PAWS.
- Click on the Make a Payment link below the Account Summary.
- Enter the amount you wish to pay and select Next.
- Select the payment method you wish to use from the drop down and select Next. Credit card and electronic check are to two options. Credit cards will be charged a 2.5% convenience fee and only MasterCard and American Express are accepted.
- Confirm the Payment Amount and select Continue to Make Payment. The payment will be collected through a secure third party payment which is where you will now be redirected.
- Enter all of your payment details and select Continue. Do not enter a check number if you are using the electronic check option. This may lead to a $20.00 returned check fee that will appear on your PAWS account.
- (Credit card transactions skip this step) Review your transaction details for accuracy. You can change the information by clicking on Change. If all the information is correct select Agree & Continue.
- If the information presented on this page is correct select Submit.
- Your Confirmation Details are presented here.
Students will now be able to view an online billing statement on their PAWS account by clicking on the "View Billing Statement" link located on the Student Center page under the Finances section and then clicking the "Get Billing Statement" button.
When they click on the Get Billing Statement button, the statement that displays will be in PDF format so the student can view it, print it, or save it as a file on their computer. This online statement has been tested on PCs, Macs, and Linux (all with Adobe Acrobat of 7 or higher). It also works with the most up-to-date versions of our supported browsers.
One known problem can occur with Internet Explorer 6. If unable to download with Internet Explorer 6, the solution is to go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced and uncheck the box for "Do not save encrypted pages to disk."
Allowing others to access your PAWS account for payment
PAWS allows you to designate access to special accounts that are limited to: To Do Lists, Making a Payment, and View Grades. To do so, select "Grant Access to Others" in the Personal Information section near the bottom of the page.
The user accounts the student creates for the designated account(s) are limited to the username of ePantherID_D1, ePantherID_D2, or ePantherID_D3. An example of one is JOHNDOE_D3. After you create the account, make sure to choose 'Give access' to Financials Make a Payment. The account you created for designated access will login at paws.uwm.edu with the password you chose and username provided.